DISH Network and Roku, Inc. announced a deal that launches the DISHWorld service on the Roku streaming platform in the U.S. featuring international channels that include, Hindi, Arabic, Urdu, Bangla and Brazilian channels as well as 45 others. The DISHWorld service launched today and enables DISH to expand its distribution of ethnic channels into urban and multi-dwelling unit markets difficult to reach by satellite. “DISH offers the largest selection of international programming among major pay-TV providers and its DISHWorld service brings a tremendous amount of foreign language entertainment to out platform,” said Jim Funk, vice president of business development at Roku. “We see this partnership as the perfect marriage of content and technology for streaming customers.”
With Roku and DISH joining forces they will offer a variety of live foreign language programming including sports, movies, news, children’s programs, music, cooking shows, talk shows and general entertainment. With the launch of this they hope to follow it up with the other five DISHWorld language options with Roku as its platform. Roku players are affordable, easy to use and widely available online and at other retail outlets. Once launched, the service will include:
- An extensive offering of Arabic channels including MBC, Al Arabiya and Al Jazeera
- Market-leading Hindi channels including aapka Colors, Sony, SET Max, Star Plus, Zee TV, B4U and aaj Tak.
- Willow Creek and TEN Cricket with eight Cricket Boards and more than 150 days pers year of live cricket.
- Seven of Pakistan’s most popular television channels including GEO TV, ARY Digital and Hum TV.
- Four popular channels from Bangladesh including ATN Bangla, Channel I, ETV Bangla and NTV Bangla.
- TV Globo Internacional and PFC which showcase the best Brazilian television programs and soccer events.
In addition to all that, DISHWorld service will also feature “48-hour Rewind” that allows customers to watch any show aired in the last 48 hours on any of the channels featured in their subscription package. To learn more about adding DISHWorld to your list of satellite TV programming visit us at DISH-Systems or call (866)989-3474.