2013 Dish Systems $1000 Scholarship — CLOSED
We at Dish Systems know that paying for college can be a frightening ordeal. The courses, the textbooks, and the dorm life can add up quick. And because many of us at Dish Systems have been there before, we know that it may not be an easy journey but the reward of an academic education is what will be with you for a lifetime.
That’s why Dish Systems’ ongoing effort to financially help one college-bound high school student is in its third year. Dish Systems’ $1000 Essay Scholarship will be awarded to one qualifying graduating high school student or undergraduate college student with the most provocative and well-written essay.
We hope applicants from our previous scholarships enjoyed participating as much as we enjoyed reading the hundreds of wonderful essays we received. We hope to see many more student participants for our 2013 scholarship! Be sure to read the rules and submission details carefully before entering.*
Essays will be graded based on proper use of grammar and execution of ideas and argument on the student’s topic of choice by selected staff of Dish Systems.
How to Enter:
Choose one essay topic from the four below to write about:
- What would you do if you did not have access to the internet for an entire year?
- It is undeniable that there are dangers with internet use; at what age should children be allowed to use the internet and why?
- Internet censorship is on the rise – what are your thoughts? Do you encourage it or are you against it? Explain your reasoning.
- How will reality TV influence the next generation of kids?
- A minimum of 500 words
- Open only to college-bound graduating high school seniors and undergraduate students currently enrolled in college in the U.S.
- One (1) entry per student. Multiple entries will result in disqualification
- Essays caught plagiarizing or off-topic will result in disqualification
Deadline: Friday, May 3rd, 2013, before 5 p.m. PST (2 p.m. EST)
Email your essays to firstname.lastname@example.org attached as a Microsoft Word document for PC users or as a .doc file for Mac users. Please name your document file with your first and last name. For example, firstname_lastname.doc.
In the email, include your:
Street Address and Zip Code
High School Name, City and State
College you’re attending as an undergraduate, plan to attend, or have applied for
The recipient of the scholarship will be chosen and notified by email by the end of July 2013 and announced on this page.
Good luck to all student participants!
*Scholarship Contest Rules and Disclaimers: Employees of Dish Systems and their immediate families are ineligible. By submitting your essay, you agree that Dish Systems may use your essay in whole or in part for promotional purposes. No purchase necessary to enter. Only one essay entry per student permitted. Personal information provided by all entrants, such as name, address, phone and email address will not be sold or shared with any third party. This information will remain confidential and used only to verify and contact the winner. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, and cannot be exchanged for other prizes. These rules are subject to change at any time by Dish Systems.