Say Hello to The Hopper from DISH–the Ultimate Whole-Home HD DVR Solution.
Consumers wondering why DISH Network doesn’t have a viable whole-home service for their satellite TV service need to wonder no more. DISH’s latest creation–The Hopper–is poised to change the way you watch television in your home. You’ve heard the claims of whole-home DVR service from the rest of the cable and satellite TV providers out there, but you won’t find one more unique and revolutionary than the DISH Hopper. With the Hopper HD DVR receiver and the Joey client receiver, you get full DVR functionality on every TV in any room in the house.
Hopper HD DVR
The Hopper HD DVR receiver serves as the hub for your whole-home TV entertainment to deliver full HD DVR service to any room in your home.
- A 2 terabyte hard drive, the largest in the pay-TV industry, that can record over 500 hours of high definition content and over 800 hours of standard definition content.
- 3 satellite tuners that allows you to watch or record up to 3 live HD programs at once from any television connected to your whole-home network.
- PrimeTime Anytime–an exclusive feature on the DISH Hopper that gives you instant On Demand access to your favorite primetime shows on ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC in HD (where available). Record up to 6 programs during primetime hours in your area on a single tuner.
JoeyThe Joey is a small client receiver installed on each additional television in the home to communicate with the Hopper, giving you the same full HD DVR functionality as the Hopper.
- Each Joey has the same TV user interface as the Hopper.
- A single Hopper can communicate with up to 3 Joey receivers (4 TVs).
- The Joey can be installed on both an HD and SD television (SD video output is RCA composite video only)
- 1 Hopper with up to 3 Joeys for up to 4 televisions
- A 4th Joey receiver requires a second Hopper added to your DVR network, which expands your DVR recording capabilities to 6 live HD channels at once and 9 during primetime hours.
- DISH On Demand — Instantly order and begin watching hundreds of On Demand titles including new releases that are stored on the Hopper’s hard drive without having to wait for downloading.
- Picture-in-Picture (Hopper only) — Watch two programs on a single TV screen, one on the full screen and one on the inset window (two tuners must be available for PIP).
- Apps — Available apps include the Weather Channel, msnbc, NBC Sports, and Access Hollywood apps.
- TV Everywhere — The Hopper is compatible with the Sling Adapter, which gives you the capability to watch live DISH programming and DVR content and schedule DVR recordings from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone while on-the-go.
- DISH Unplugged — Get hundreds of pre-downloaded On Demand titles for instant viewing when you subscribe to premiums such as Blockbuster @Home, HBO, or EPIX. No broadband connection is required.
- Remote Control Locator — Use the “Locate Remote” button on the front panel of the Hopper and Joey to help you easily find your remote.
For a limited time only, new and qualifying former DISH customers receive their 1st Hopper and 3 Joeys FREE.*
DISH Hopper FAQ
» What is the DISH Network Hopper and Joey?
The Hopper from DISH Network is a revolutionary new way to experience whole-home TV entertainment. The DISH Hopper and Joey, a client receiver, give you full DVR functionality on any TV in any room in the house and allows you to watch more hours of HD and SD programming than any other whole-home solution by cable and satellite TV service providers.
» Can I upgrade to the DISH Network Hopper?
Current DISH customers can upgrade their DVR equipment to receive 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. The DISH Hopper upgrade is offered to all new and qualifying former DISH customers.
» How much does the DISH Network Hopper and Joey cost?
The DISH Network Hopper price with 3 Joey client receivers is $99. New customers can get the $99 DISH Hopper fee waived with a subscription to America's Top 200, America's Top 250, America's "Everything" Pak, DishLATINO Dos, or DishLATINO Max at time of service activation.
» Where is the DISH Network Hopper and Joey available?
The DISH Network Hopper HD DVR whole-home service is available only with DISH Network services in the United States and Puerto Rico. At this time, DISH Network and the DISH Hopper whole-home HD DVR service Select functionality is limited or not available in parts of Alaska and in Puerto Rico and United States Virgin Islands.
» Can I watch 3D movies on the DISH Network Hopper?
Yes, customers can watch 3D movies on the DISH Hopper with DISH 3D. 3D-compatible equipment are required.
» Are apps available on the DISH Network Hopper?
DISH Hopper apps are available including TV apps for the Weather Channel, msnbc, NBC Sports, Access Hollywood, and more.
» What are the specifications of the DISH Network Hopper and Joey?
A few of the featured DISH Hopper specifications include a massive 2 terabyte hard drive that allows you to record over 500 hours of HD programming and 3 satellite tuners for watching or recording up to 3 live HD programs at once.
Other DISH Hopper specs:
- MoCA: MoCA 1.1
- Video Resolution: MPEG4, MPEG2 (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p24)
- 3D Compatible: Half-rate side-by-side 1920 x 1080p24
- Smartcard Slot pre-loaded with card (Hopper only)
- Flash Memory: 64MB
- RAM Memory: 768MB on Hopper, 512MB on Joey
- Home Media Formats: Video (MKV, MP4), Music (MP3), and Images (JPG)
» How do I install the DISH Network Hopper and Joey?
DISH Hopper installation is free when you select or upgrade.
» Where can I find the DISH Network Hopper manual?
You can download the DISH Hopper manual here.
» Where can I find DISH Hopper review?
Here are just a few comprehensive DISH Hopper reviews posted about the new DISH Hopper:
» What have people said in the DISH Network Hopper forum?
Search for DISH Hopper online and you’ll find chatter on blogs and forums about DISH Network’s new whole-home HD DVR device and the positive things observed about its many features that far surpasses any other whole-home entertianment solution currently on the market.
*First Hopper HD DVR and up to 3 Joey receivers available for one-time $99 Upgrade fee. $99 Upgrade fee waived with subscription to America’s Top 120, America’s Top 120+, America’s Top 200, America’s Top 250, America’s “Everything” Pak, DishLATINO Dos, or DishLATINO Max at time of service activation. A second Hopper HD DVR is available for a one-time $199 Upgrade fee. With a second Hopper HD DVR, one additional Joey receiver is available for $99 Upgrade fee. Hopper and Joey receivers require an eligible HD package and cannot be combined with any other receiver models or types. PrimeTime Anytime feature must be initially enabled. PrimeTime Anytime is only available with local channels broadcast in HD, which are not available in all markets. Actual recording capacity varies based on type of programming; 2000 shows is based on SD programming. HD hard drive space comparison based on equipment currently available. Select functionality is limited or not available in parts of Alaska and in Puerto Rico and USVI.